Spring Chicken & Vegetable Tray bake
Tray bakes can be as simple as taking a few simple fresh ingredients, adding a few herbs or spices and placing in a hot oven. A short time later, you have a simple, delish and nutrish meal with little to clean up! One tray, one dish- my kind of cooking!
Servings Prep Time
4 people 10 minutes
6 chicken thighs or pieces
150 ml chicken Stock
6 sprig of spring onions, sliced
1 medium head of broccoli, chopped
1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
1 bunch fresh asparagus
6-8 small new potatoes any potatoes would be fine, but you may need to use less and quartered.
1 small lemon, quartered
1 small handful of fresh oregano & or thyme
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (fan forced). In a hot pan on the stove, add your oil, heat and your chicken pieces to lightly brown. Place into oven tray.
2. Add your potatoes and fresh herbs and pour in your chicken stock. Place in hot oven for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare your beautiful spring vegetables. Cut into pieces and set aside. Also quarter your lemon.
4. Remove the tray from oven after 30 minutes and place your lemon, asparagus, broccoli and spring onions into tray. Mix well and place back into hot oven for a further 15 minutes.
5. Remove tray again from oven and toss through your peas, returning to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Then serve.
Recipe by: Kerry Corp @kerry_thegroundedchic